Thursday, May 27, 2010

revised expectations

As my year as a stay at home mom draws to an end, I find myself thinking about what I expected this year to be like and what my experiences have been. For one thing, I expected Chris to be physically doing a lot more by one year. I expected to see him roll, sit, crawl, pull up, cruise, walk, and say his first words. All we have gotten to are the first two. I know he will eventually master those skills within the next several months, but I might not be the first one to see them. It will probably happen at daycare. I'm disappointed that I won't be there to see it first. Sure, I'll probably see it the second time he does it. Lots of people have babies in daycare, and they all face that situation. It's just not what I expected. I used to read "What to Expect the First Year" every month to see what new things Chris might do that month. I have stopped reading it because he doesn't do the things he's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment