Tuesday, June 16, 2009

waiting

I put the swing together. Somehow I'm the one on most of the baby product assembly, despite Doug's love of things mechanical. I wonder what that means. . . apprehension? The swing works great so far without a passenger. The nature sounds are a little annoying, probably won't use them much. I like the star mobile. Today I also put the car seat adapter on to the Bob stroller. That way we can use it from day one, although apparently it's recommended only for walking, not running. There is a warning in the instruction manual that mentions the threat of death if using the car seat and car seat adapter while running (on a jogging stroller).

3 comments:

  1. I vaguely remember reading that you're not supposed to jog with a baby until their neck muscles are strong enough to handle the movement, although this was not something that I ever looked into. Something to check out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've read that you shouldn't run until they can hold their heads up. That should happen about 3 months, right? and he will be in the infant car seat for maybe 6-9 months? So I should be able to run after three months. Plus, I don't understand how running with the Bob is any more jarring than riding in a car, which babies can do from day one. But, I don't want to whip the baby's head around, so I'll walk until I think he has enough head control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will love the Bob - it's one of my favorite baby things! I too read that you shouldn't run with the infant carrier in the stroller, but I was thinking the baby wouldn't need the infant carrier once he was a little bigger - once he seemed stable enough he could just go straight into the stroller.

    ReplyDelete