Friday, June 26, 2009

5 days old

Chris is five days old today. I am relieved that my milk finally came in so he can get some nutrition. Doug has been doing a great job of taking care of me- fixing meals, packing boxes, cleaning up the apartment. My responsibility has been breasfeeding the baby, and that is now going better now that I have milk. He is so tiny and dependent on us completely. Something interesting happened when we came home. I no longer cared about the baby stuff being in pristine condition. I had banished the cat from the baby/ computer room because I didn't want him scratching the wood. Well, now I could care less if he scratches the wood. It's just stuff. As long as he doesn't scratch the baby, I am fine. Jack has been pretty curious about Chris. I have been shooing him away. Yesterday (or was it the day before?) I had Chris on the changing table and the cat meowed and jumped up on the changing table pad at the end! I had the baby in the middle, but if he had been up at top, Jack would have landed on his face! That is a scary thought. Our cat has his claws. Doug and I went for a walk around the lake today. We took the Bob stroller- it was a very smooth ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment