Monday, January 4, 2010

baby food

I made my second batch of baby food today- pureed acorn squash. First I baked it, then scooped it out and pureed it with the stick blender. I love our stick blender! It's perfect for making little batches of purees. I fed some to Chris, and he ate most of it. He did push some of it out of his mouth. I think he likes the apple better. Single ingredient purees are easy to make! I'm glad I have the time to do this.

2 comments:

  1. Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com It has great recipes and instructions for making baby food. I made food for both kids...almost 2 years straight! About once a month, I would set aside a Saturday and make enough food for 4 weeks. I think it was like 15 ice cube trays each time? Crazy!! But totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip! I have a baby food cookbook but the website will be good for variety!

    ReplyDelete