Tuesday, November 24, 2009

crib recalled. . . again.

My Storkcraft crib was recalled, again, this time for bad drop side gates which can get off track and suffocate an infant. Four babies died in these gates. Scary. Right after I bought this crib, I found out about the first recall, which involved bad crib support brackets. The replacement brackets were included with the crib. I found about this recall last night and I had a hard time sleeping worrying about Chris being in the recalled crib. There is a kit you are supposed to get to convert the drop side into a fixed side, and I'm going to request it, but I have had it with this crib. It's a piece of junk and it's dangerous. I don't want Chris sleeping in it. I have been very disappointed with this Storkcraft furniture. It's cheaply made. The front panels of the dresser drawers come off now and then. They are only held in place with cam locks. The set was cheap, so I guess this is just a case where you get what you pay for. When Doug gets back, we're going crib shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Storkcraft website (to request repair kit) is jammed up and doesn't work, and their toll free line has a busy signal. No good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is no good!! if you are looking for a new crib, we bought ours online at JCPenney and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete