Sunday, August 9, 2009

losing my edge

Today, I had to think for about 20 minutes to come up with the drug name doxazosin. That is the formulary medication for benign prostatic hypertrophy at the VA. I must have prescribed or refilled that medication hundreds of times at my continuity clinic at the VA, and I forgot it. I don't know if that is knowledge rapidly escaping, or mommy brain, or chronic sleep deprivation, or some combination, but it is a little scary how fast I am forgetting things that I knew. I do hope to do some moonlighting later on this year so I actually remember some medicine.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to mommy brain. Chris has now absorbed all your knowledge and you can never get it back! LOL! It's so frustrating, isn't it?! I feel like my IQ dropped 20 points per kid! Give it time, it will come back (sort of). I still have problems with memory, but it's better. In the meantime, read, do crosswords, anything that stimulates your mind! It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chronic sleep deprivation will do that to you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, I'm forgetting things all the time and I'm getting plenty of sleep and have no kids.

    ReplyDelete