Friday, July 10, 2009

baby bath

I have now given Chris a few real baths in the kitchen sink. It is kind of scary holding a wet and slippery newborn. I haven't quite figured out how to wash his back, because that's where my arm is, and I have not let go of his leg. I guess I will just have to let go of the leg and hold him elsewhere to wash his back and the back of his neck. Veteran moms- any tips?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, his face is filling out so cute! As for the baths...if you can have him sitting on something that is non-slip, then you can prop him up with your hand behind his neck. I found that it was easiest to put the soap on even when Eric was partway underwater and that bar soap worked much easier than liquid. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a cheap baby bath for the sink. Not only did I feel more comfortable (you're right, newborns are insanely slippery!), but it kept them a little warmer. I would fill the bottom part up so their lower half could stay warm. To get the back you just had to roll them on their side.

    ReplyDelete