28 weeks today, marking the start of the third trimester! I have been thinking more about the bumper pad issue. Thirty years ago, when we were babies, everybody used bumper pads. I'm not sure if I personally had bumper pads, but that was just what people did. And we turned out fine. However, there is the suffocation risk- if a baby gets his face up in the bumper and can't get off of it. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends against using bumper pads, citing 27 suffocation or strangulation deaths and 25 injuries attributed to bumper pads from 1985- 2005. There is a very small but real risk. So, I think we will avoid the bumper pads despite how cute they are. For the last hour so, I have been on babybedding.com mixing and matching different fabric patterns for custom sheets and a crib skirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment